Today I want to show you, my modifications on Pond.
Here once again the original design by Marie Wallin.
And here a schematic of what I have modified:
- Adding length
- Modification of waist shaping from hourglass to V-line
- Closer neckline
To 1: I have added length by knitting a broader hem and lengthen the lower body by adding rows before shoulder shaping.
To 2: I started with fewer stitches and skipped the decreases to shape the hourglass shape. Instead I only increased stitches to form the V-Line of the lower part of the body. This shape will narrow the hem and will give comfortable room for the chest.
To 3: I added some rows, before I divided the front for the neck-opening. This also changed the numbers of stitches to decrease in the first row and on the sides of the front opening, because I haven’t touched the wide of the neck-opening.
Front and back of Pond are already blocked and one sleeve is done. Next week I will show you some pictures of my progress.
To see the progress of Kristen and read about what she is writing about shaping, check out here for her blog.